For medical, veterinary, entomology and public health students, this acclaimed textbook has been fully updated and revised to reflect the most recent advancements. Each chapter is structured with the student in mind, organized by the major headings of Taxonomy, Morphology, Life History, Behavior and Ecology, Public Health and Veterinary Importance, and Prevention and Control. This second edition includes separate chapters devoted to each of the taxonomic groups of insects and arachnids of medical or veterinary concern, including spiders, scorpions, mites, and ticks. Internationally recognized editors Mullen and Durden surpass the competition by including extensive coverage of both medical and veterinary entomological importance.
* Follows in the tradition of Herm's Medical and Veterinary Entomology
* The latest information on developments in entomology relating to public health and veterinary importance
* Two separate indexes for enhanced searchability: Taxonomic and Subject
New to this edition:
* Three new chapters
- Morphological Adaptations of Parasitic Arthropods
- Forensic Entomology
- Molecular Tools in Medical and Veterinary Entomology
* Online ancillaries: glossary, chapter images, study questions, and related web links
* 1700 word glossary
* Appendix of Arthropod-Related Viruses of Medical-Veterinary Importance
* Numerous new full-color images, illustrations and maps throughout
We does not store any files on its server. We does not reserve any rights to, nor claims copyright to, any software names listed on these pages. All references are copyright to their respective owners.