Pro SQL Server 2008 Failover Clustering is dedicated to the planning, implementation, and administration of clustered SQL Server 2008 implementations. Whether deploying a singleâ€“instance, twoâ€“node cluster or a multipleâ€“node, manyâ€“instance cluster for consolidation, this book will detail all of the considerations and pitfalls that may be encountered along the way.Clustering and highâ€“availability expert Allan Hirt shares his many years of wisdom and experience, showing how to put together the right combination of people, processes, technology, and best practices to create and manage worldâ€“class, highly availableSQL Server 2008 failover clusters.
* Provides a comprehensive look at SQL Server 2008 failover clustering from the first steps of planning to daily administration
* Goes beyond just SQL Server 2008 and also covers Windows Server 2008 clustering in depth with a SQL Server focus
* Covers how and where virtualization can be used with failover clusters
* Addresses the needs of enterpriseâ€“class, 24/7 SQL Server 2008 implementations
* Written by the leading expert on SQL Server failover clustering
What youâ€™ll learn
* Understand what failover clustering is, how it works, and how it can benefit SQL Server deployments.
* Configure disk subsystems to support failover clustering implementations.
* Plan, implement, and administer Windows Server 2008 clustering for use with SQL Server 2008.
* Plan, implement, and administer new SQL Server 2008 failover clustering instances.
* Upgrade existing SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 failover clustering instances to SQL Server 2008.
* Create virtualized clusters for use in test and development environments.
We does not store any files on its server. We does not reserve any rights to, nor claims copyright to, any resources names listed on these pages. All references are copyright to their respective owners.